It happens that sometimes your iPhone device may not connect to the network. If it does happen then you will probably see a Could not activate cellular data network error. Well, it’s a bit annoying really but you can easily fix this issue with a few simple steps.
In this article, we shall talk about this issue at length and how you can easily fix this without any problem. So, if you want to know more about how to fix the Could not activate cellular data network error in your iPhone device, then you have to go through this article.
What’s This Network Error Is All About?
For some reason, this could not activate cellular data network error on an iPhone device is quite common. A lot of users of iPhone have reported this problem occurring in their devices. In fact, people who are traveling have reported on most occasions.
So, if it does happen, then users won’t have any trouble making any calls or sending SMS and messages on their iPhones. However, it is only when they try to open an app on their devices or even connect to the internet using their mobile data or cellular data that they see this message occurring.
There are other variations of this error message as well. However, the chief fact is that this could not activate cellular data network is quite common and there’s an easy fix as well.
1. Enabling Cellular Data
First of all, you need to make sure that you have enabled the cellular data on your iPhone. It’s really simple to do but if you don’t know how to do it then let us show you.
- Open settings and go to Cellular.
- Thereafter, you have to toggle ON the option for Cellular data to enable it.
- Next, scroll down and then you have to enable cellular data for all the apps that are necessary. Moreover, to save cellular data, you may want to disable cellular data for the apps you don’t want to use.
So, after you do this, try to connect to the internet and see if the problem persists or not.
2. Clear VPN
If the above trick fails then you can try to clear your VPN profiles. However, this one only works if you use a VPN service on your phone. Otherwise, you can skip this one and move to the next method that we have discussed.
- Thereafter, on the VPN screen, tap on the Profiles and clear everything under the Profiles section.
- Power off the phone and wait for like 10 seconds and then restart it.
3. Reset Your Network Settings
There’s another thing that you can do to solve the Could not activate cellular network problem easily. In fact, it’s one of the most common solutions that work pretty well. All you have to do is to reset your network settings.
- So, to do this, go to Settings>General>Reset.
- Next, in the screen that will follow, you will see an option Reset Network Settings. Tap on that option to reset the settings from your iPhone.
- Go back to the General screen and tap on the shutdown. Wait for around 10 seconds and turn the phone on again.
4. Update Carrier Settings
If the above methods fail then it’s probably something to do with the carrier settings. In other words, maybe they have released an update that your phone doesn’t have. So, all you have to do is to go to the settings>general>About and then check if there’s any update available or not. If there’s an update then install it. Well, if nothing works then you need to perform a factory reset to get rid of the could not activate cellular data network error.